Personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE) is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10.
According to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), students are expected to participate in PDHPE for 300 hours per year in Years 7 to 10.
PDHPE provides students with opportunities to explore issues that are likely to impact on the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others – now and in the future. Students also participate in challenging and enjoyable physical activity, improving their capacity to move with skill and confidence.
In Years 11 and 12, courses available include:
- community and family studies
- community and family studies life skills
- exploring early childhood
- personal development, health and physical education
- personal development, health and physical education life skills
- sport, lifestyle and recreation studies.